Flowmaster is a Thermo-Fluid Systems Simulation Software, used by engineers and analysts in various industry sectors including Oil & Gas, Utilities, Refrigeration, distribution, Aerospace, Auto, Nuclear etc for the design, validation and maintenance of simple and complex fluid piping systems.It has the following analysis capabilities:
- Incompressible and compressible – Pressure drop, Temperature, Flow Predictions etc…
- Flowmaster can simulate any system containing a liquid (e.g. crude oil, water), compressible air, natural gas, etc…
- It can determine Mach Number / choking for compressible flows
- Steady state – Equilibrium
- Snapshot results for given system boundary conditions
- Transient – Time Domain
- Flowmaster can perform Water Hammer/Surge analysis – for example due to sudden valve closure, turbine start up, pump trip etc
- Thermal/Heat transfer
- Thermal analysis throughout the system
- Design Options
- Orifice & pipe Sizing, Pump selection, System priming for fire protection simulation
- Parametric Studies can be carried out inside Flowmaster V7 and with Microsoft Excel
- Steady State or Transient simulation can be carried out from the same model.
- Control mechanism can be easily built to simulate various what-If scenarios.
It can help to identify potential problems early in the design phase, or systems that are currently in existence for operations purposes. Flowmaster can be used to simulate what-if scenarios to investigate performance impact. This process can results in reduced costs, shortened design cycles and reduced errors. Additionally, engineers can achieve more innovative designs by considering more alternatives in the analysis.